Visitors who experience our world-class destination will be nurtured by the garden landscape, architecture, and programming, and be inspired by the beauty of our diverse community.
Lethbridge & District Japanese Garden Society
Board of Directors
Dr. Gideon Fujiwara
Dr. Carly Adams
- Nikka Yuko Japanese Garden is the destination.
- The Garden is unique and universal.
- The Garden will be here as long as the city exists.
- The Society is the appropriate steward to preserve and maintain the Garden.
- The Garden represents the community that nurtures it.
- We maintain a link to the past and a connection to the future.
- We are the right people to tell the story.
- Our programming and experiences provide good value for people wanting to return.
- When people leave the Garden, they will be better and feel healthier than when they came in.
COLLABORATION: chōwa 調和
Through harmonious relationships, we grow and preserve the garden.
- Lethbridge is celebrated and promoted through our work with local businesses and partners, and we are an integral part of a thriving community.
- Community members steward the Garden through ever-increasing engagement and commitment that will ensure its preservation and growth.
- Our community members and partners are enriched through the programs and experiences we deliver together.
EDUCATION: seicho 成⻑
People gain a deeper understanding, bridge cultural and generational divides, build an inclusive community, and we are inspired to share their knowledge with others.
- People who visit us gain an increased understanding and appreciation of Japanese culture and history and collaborations of the Nikkei community in Southern Alberta.
- People who engage with our Garden experience diversity and inclusivity through bridges to connect with different cultures and generations.
- People will have an increased understanding and appreciation for landscape architecture and horticulture.
DESTINATION: meisho 名所
Visitors from all over the world experience our unique Southern Alberta culture, energizing our local communities.
- The Garden is the premier attraction and the main reason people visit Lethbridge.
- Visiting our Garden is an essential tradition for our Lethbridge & District residents.
- People are spiritually, mentally and physically healthier because of the social, cultural and horticultural connections and memories they make at the Garden.
The Lethbridge & District Japanese Garden Society, celebrates the influences of people of Japanese ancestry, narrating the history of this region through garden architecture, the natural environment, and the culture in Southern Alberta.