Know Before You Go
Nikka Yuko Japanese Garden is a 4-acre garden in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada. The garden provides a peaceful retreat and cultural experience. It showcases traditional Japanese landscaping and architecture, with a Kyoto Pavilion, water features, rocks, and a dry-rock garden. Visitors can stroll, attend tea ceremonies, and learn about the history of Japanese ancestry in Southern Alberta.
*The Garden is open for the Winter Light Festival! The Bunka Centre remains open year round. Watch for upcoming events on our website and social media.
Gakusei [Student]: $10.00
(Ages 6-16 or students with ID)
5 & Under: FREE
Tomodachi (Friendship) Package: $26.00
(Includes admissions, drinks, and cookies for two people)
Gakusei (Student) Package: $12.00
(Ages 12 – 16 or students with ID. Includes admission, drink, and cookie.)
Kazoku (Family) Package: $60.00
(Includes admissions, drinks, and cookies for five people)
Nakama (Close Friends) Package: $20.00/person
(Includes admissions, drinks, cookies & 45-minute guided tour or an activity of your choice for between 4-10 people) *Only available 48 hours in advance, contact us to book*
Sunday: 1:30 pm – 9:00 pm
Wednesday: 10:00 am – 5:30 pm (No Winter Light Festival)
Thursday: 1:30 pm – 9:00 pm
Friday: 1:30 pm – 9:00 pm
Saturday: 1:30 pm – 9:00 pm
*The Garden is OPEN for our Winter Light Festival! The Bunka Centre remains open year round. Watch for upcoming events on our website and social media. **Last entry into the Winter Light Festival is at 8:30pm**
- Gift Shop
- Cleo’s Cafe (featuring Hinode artwork)
- Robert Hironaka Exhibit
- Memory Capture Booth
- Rental Spaces
- Tea Pavilion (with exhibits, dry rock garden & washrooms)
- Wishing well
- Friendship Bell
- Prairie Garden
- Kamakura Dome
- No pets, only trained service animals – please allow a staff member to assist you before entering the tea pavilion.
- No drone photography/filming at any time
- Guests must remove their shoes or wear shoe covers inside the tea pavilion to protect the floors.
- No outside food or drinks are allowed inside the garden. We ask that no food or beverages besides bottled water be brought into the tea pavilion.
- Please silence your cell phones and refrain from talking on them while in the garden. Take the time to unplug and relax.
- No smoking or vaping is allowed inside the garden.
The Society Board, Management, Staff, and Volunteers will not tolerate aggressive and inappropriate comments and behaviours.
Guests will be asked to leave or stop the behaviours immediately and maybe asked to leave the Garden if the problem persists. To be a part of the Friendship Experience we must treat everyone with respect including politeness and be mindful of individuals’ space.
Have an annual pass to Nikka Yuko? Present your yearly pass card to the staff at the main gates for entry during regular business hours on any public day. You do not need to reserve your tickets ahead of time.
- The Winter Light Festival closes when the temperatures (with the wind chill) falls below -25C for the safety and comfort of our guests and staff members. If you have pre-purchased tickets for a date that is cancelled, you will be permitted to use your tickets for an alternate date or choose to receive a refund.
- Tickets can be moved to another date at no cost by contacting our ticket office. We only offer refunds if the garden is closed due to weather.
- While our staff do their best to clear snow and ice, these can sometimes accumulate quickly, depending on the weather. Please come dressed for the weather, including shoes or boots, allowing you to walk along the snowy pathways.
- Please refrain from going off the paved pathways, as there are many electrical cords under the snow, and guests can unknowingly unplug lights or slip on ice that has accumulated under the snow.
- Our tea pavilion is not open during winter, but you may still view the garden from the deck.
- Check out the winter exhibit inside the Kawamura Programming Room inside our Bunka Centre.
- The Kamakura [Igloo] Dome is a different experiences and aren’t included in general admission.